24 July 2008

The last term of the MBA

This is the last term of the MBA and contrary to our expectations, there has been no relaxation in the amount of work-load that we have. In the beginning of the MBA, we were told that last 2-3 months are really cool and there is not much to do. I believe those guys failed to recognise the fact that one has to spend a lot of time and effort in job hunt too. Though academic pressure is low but there are a large number of other activities such as projects, job applications and interviews. Most of the time you are travelling to London or other places for your interviews and a single visit to London absorbs one full day of yours.

Our classes would last till first week of August and MBA would finish in the first week of September. We have a month for completing our projects. I am keeping busy with projects that I secured from Cranfield alumni. One of the projects is with one of the largest banks of the world and it is quite a strategic one. I am enjoying working on this project.

The other thing that is keeping busy is Cricket- sounds strange!!! We are supposed to play a couple of matches here in Cranfield and I am trying to rediscover my lost passion. The last time I played cricket was around 2000 and revisiting this royal sport is real fun. We had a match on 23rd July and we lost it. We lost because we were playing against University team and their players had been practising regularly. For MBAs, it was like playing after a gap of many years and we did not perform well. On a personal note I was happy as I opened and closed the bowling, picked some wickets (missed a hat-tick, shit!!!) and scored some runs too (boundaries…J). The best part of the game was that MBAs played with ethics and we could all observe Cranfield’s education coming into play. I cannot divulge into more details here, and I would just say that it was a moral victory for us.

No comments: