15 June 2008

What I gained from IBE

I have talked a lot about the IBE and this would be my final blog in the series. I would just list down some of the gains I made from the IBE:

Network- I made new friends among my MBA colleagues especially with Victor, Nurlan, Luis, and Isa. Though I knew them prior to the IBE but during this trip I felt we got closer.

I also met a number of alumni and company representatives and that improved my network in the UAE/ Turkey.

Exposure - I learnt a lot about the economies of the middle-east especially Dubai and Turkey. I was not aware of the tension in EU regarding Turkey and gained many new insights into the geo-political situation of the region. I learnt about Arabic/ Turkish food and their delicacies.

Confidence- yes, I am more confident now while interacting with people from different parts of the world. I remember how convincingly I started talking to a group of people from US/ Australia when I met them at a hotel in Istanbul. I feel I have lot more to talk to about.

Knowledge about the culture, language and people of these regions

Practical aspects of the models and theories learnt at MBA

Finally, a nice break and enjoyable experience which I would like to repeat at the first opportunity that I get.

Gule-Gule (bye bye in Turkish)

2 comments:

Bhavika Somani said...

hi dear
i ma reading ur blog at this odd hour. well ur vocab is superb. its really wonderful eading th stuff. chal will call u
take care
bhavika

Kunal Jain said...

kya baat hai approaching 3,000 visitors :) mubarak ho!!!