14 November 2007

Ups and Downs

When I came to Cranfield, I was told that there will be some bad patches during our stay here. I did not believe these words as all what I see is sheer excitement and fun; but I must say this is true. At times you are down, down with the work load, with the competition (though its more of cooperation at Cranfield), with the thoughts of your families- I miss India sooooooooooo…. much, down with injuries and health problems and many more such stuff.

At times we feel why we took such a drastic step and opted for MBA, leaving behind our well settled lives, great careers and joyful times. Why did we leave our native places and came far off for exploring something which you may or may not relish. The next moment you realise that it’s a trade off.

When you are sacrificing so much, why do you think you won’t get anything in return? You will get whatever best you can think of- best education, best career, best network and of-course best exposure. And that’s where you lift off.

Immediately you feel refreshed, better and raring to go. I believe there are more reasons at Cranfield to keep your mood up than down.

Last two weeks have been very hectic as usual and my hectic routines are getting reflected in lesser number of blogs. This weekend we had one of the most dreaded tests of Cranfield course- WAC (Written Assessment of Cases). You are given a case study on Friday morning and you have to discuss it with your team. Then you have to write a report and submit it by Saturday afternoon. Sounds simple, just opposite of what it actually was.

In between we had Halloween night- that was first such event I had ever attended in my life. People putting on scary masks and all that scary shit…..

Usual assignments, reports and badminton…. Just go on and on.

No comments: