31 October 2007

My MBA- My Dictator

Work hard, play hard!! Work hard…yeah I am doing that, but play…I think I have almost forgotten the meaning of this word. Cos when u play, u have time for yourself and I hardly get any time for myself. I have no regrets rather I love this dictatorship. I love the commands of my dictator- ‘Cranfield MBA’, which asks me to perform beyond my horizons…the horizons to which I had put limits of my own. But my dictator has taught me that everything is limitless. The more you put, the more you get. My dictator has stretched my boundaries to the nth degree….

I wonder how I am achieving so much. I never knew I was so capable. Now I can do multitasking. I am sitting in accounts lecture and by the side studying economics too. I prepare reports, CV and do so many things- all at one go. This I feel I have achieved just by stepping out of my comfort zone, and this is what my dictator has taught me to do. That’s why I love my dictator, which has shown me my real self….which has helped in bringing more out of my self…which has forced me to not only try being a perfectionist but deliver best performance.

Last week I spent first half in preparing a presentation for AT Kearney Global Consultancy Competition. I don’t know what the results shall be; but I know that I have got the best of the exposures from this competition. I won accolades from all my colleagues for preparing a fantabulous presentation- why not? I spent more than an hour on every slide, thanks to equally intensive inputs from my best pal- Anil. He prepared some of the great charts and diagrams. The presentation helped me learn a lot about the Power Point 2007 and now I feel I have an edge over others, as I know how to exploit the power point to the maximum.

Just when I finished AT Kearney, we had ‘Salsa Night’ where I learnt the traditional Latin American Salsa. It was great fun, as usual. Weekend went in a blip of eye, though I managed to take out some time to play cricket. It was after a long time nd cricket is always fun.

This week started with the preparation of CV- as many finance companies have their deadlines nearby, and then the report for OBPPD- the deadline for which is Thursday.

It’s getting colder day by day; but does that matter when you have such a loving and caring dictator. I bow to my dictator and look forward to expect more from it.

I love my dictator, I love my Cranfield MBA…

No comments: