22 October 2007

Badminton all the way…

Not only I have been elected as the captain of the SOM (School of Management) Badminton Club, but I have also been elected as the Vice President of Cranfield Badminton Association. Too many responsibilities…. but I love it! I strongly believe that responsibilities bring you power and that boosts your ego. But now I have to make sure that I find time to play badminton and organise a few activities related to badminton as well.

As my MBA is progressing, I am feeling ‘the pressure’- pressure of studies (about which I think I care the least), pressure of time management (too many activities- n time is limited), pressure of personal life (difficulty in balancing the professional n personal life) and social pressures (friends, parties, social activities, networking… but so little time). The real challenge is to handle the pressure and do all that you actually want. Though this means that you end up having less sleep but I feel that it isn’t too tough to manage- one just needs to act smart!

This week was a Karaoke party- u know what????…..I sang!! Don’t get so startled, I know I am just a bathroom singer; but I enjoyed singing in this risk free environment. The first day I landed at Cranfield, I was told that you can try here whatever you your heart nd mind say because this is an absolute safe place to experiment. And I am just giving it a shot. Doing whatever I want n whatever I can, is the motto of my life!

So I sang the song- ‘Hotel California’ with Anil, Natalia, Jhung Ha (thank God he was there n saved some grace for us), Sepidah and many more guys n gals. It was for fun- sheer fun!!!

This week also saw us interviewing AT Kearney guys as a part of the MBA Case competition- again a new and entertaining experience. I must say that Cranfield is giving me so many opportunities to explore myself, to unwind myself, and I am having lots of fun as I am learning more n more from these new experiences.

Almost daily, I have atleast one new learning- n that’s the best part of the Global MBA. I have learnt about unique marketing strategies of Ferrari, unique aspects of games like Rugby and have learnt a lot about new nations like Russia, Argentina, Spain etc. and all this stuff is not a part of my course study. It’s the learning which you have from your peers n colleagues.

I have got mails from many of my readers, who want to know about USPs of Cranfield. I will list down here a few of them;
1. Focus on Personality development- believe me that’s the best part of this MBA.
2. Career Advisory Services- the best you can expect from any European school. Other UK n European MBAs are nowhere near to Cranfield in terms of Career services. And I can bet on it. I have talked to some of my friends who are pursuing MBAs at other B-schools and my ideas are an outcome of my discussions with them.
3. Innovative Study Modules.
4. Unique Learning style- I have mentioned about in my previous blogs.
5. Strong n very large Alumni Network.

Believe me, I can count a number of points here, but time- it always plays the spoilsport!!!

So guys I have to leave… but I shall write more…. whenever I am blessed with time. Isn’t it precious?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

naya blog kaha hai?? abhi tak khatam nahi kiya kya?? Kunal