14 October 2007

Feedbacks and More….

We have a course called OBPPD (Organisation behaviour and personal and professional development) which helps us to understand ourselves and each other. It focuses on the psychology of individuals, groups and the organisations. This is one area on which Cranfield MBA focuses its attention, as a part of the personal and professional development of the individuals.

In the first week itself, I learnt about various learning styles (activists, theorists, pragmatists & reflectors) and other personality types. Another requirement of our course is to give feedbacks to team members, to teachers and to everyone who is involved in MBA. This is good as it allows you to speak- about what you liked and more importantly, what you did not. Moreover, the Indians have reputation of agreeing even when they actually disagree. I think this is probably because of our culture which teaches us to respect elders and not to confront them. And we respect our elders and teachers much more than anybody else. I have found here that my colleagues from other parts of the world are more professional and somewhat disrespectful too.

The feedbacks are very interesting as I have found that people are ready to give feedback even when it’s not desired rather when it is completely unwanted. I have seen live examples of this but won’t divulge much detail here. So there is a lesson to be learnt. Give constructive feedback. Make sure that the receptor is willing to listen and accept positively. Feedbacks should never be person-orientated rather they should be task and process orientated.

I have also got feedbacks regarding this blog from my friends and well wishers, who have compared this blog to the likes of ‘Chetan Bhagat’ and ‘Harbhajan Jolly’. One of my friends termed me as a prolific writer- I think I am flattered and feeling on top of the world. Well all that I can say is that this has motivated me to write more and make it sure that I find time to maintain my blog.

There is one more observation that I have made recently. We guys [I mean all of us youngsters- I feel I m still young :) ] have become so much net-savvy that now its almost impossible to imagine life without internet these days. Can you go without internet for a day, leave apart a week? Come on! Be true. You can’t! You would be wondering all the time if someone has sent you a new mail or you got any messages on the facebook/ orkut (the two most probable social networking sites I know). And you will be dying to have a glimpse of the same!!!

I’ll share more and more….whenever I get time (God help me with some more time please! :)

No comments: