03 September 2007

Bidding farewell

Last week I bid farewell to ONGC. My colleagues (mostly my seniors) hosted a number of parties for me. These farewell parties coupled with those staged by my friends in Delhi saw me having about 5 lunches and 8 dinners in last 10 days or so. I must have put on a lot of weight and nullified all my efforts at GYM- which I had made in the last 2 months.

But no regrets. I enjoyed each party and wish I be back among my friends as soon as possible.

ONGC- Oil n Natural gas Corporation Limited. I cannot express in words how much I owe to this organisation. I have learnt a lot here: I learnt abt the Oil n Gas Exploration n Production, drilling of Wells and all those activities that go into production of oil and gas.

Above all obviously I learnt about the Materials Management- procurement, strategic sourcing, spend analysis, category management in particular. I tested my hands in all the latest tehnologies like SAP, SRM, Reverse Auctioning, eSourcing etc.

The best thing that I got from ONGC was exposure. I got a huge exposure here: exposure to the metro cities of Mumbai n Delhi, exposure to the far flung areas of North East, exposure to the corporate culture, to the best industry practices and to the brightest minds of India and the world.

Last day, during my formal farewell all my colleagues wished me all the best and the way everyone encouraged me to go ahead with MBA, reinforced my determination to advance my career through MBA.

I shall always remain indebted to this great organisation and to its great employees.

Thank you ONGC and thank you ONGICIANs.

No comments: