19 September 2007

Cranfield Calling…

The time has come. Today is my last day in India and tomorrow I am flying to UK- to pursue my dream, my passion i.e. MBA at Cranfield University. What I have discovered is that the more I am learning about Cranfield the more I am falling in love with it. I wonder its just the beginning and what will happen at the end of the program. So much is lined up in this short but interesting 1 year course. On the flight I shall be accompanied by Anil n Kunal. Anil (Anil Piplani), I know him since 1996 when we joined engineering together at Thapar Institute of Engineering n Technology, Patiala. Later we were tied in a relation when Anil got married to my wife Sherry’s sister- Shelley. Sherry is the younger one and all 4 of us: I, Sherry, Shelley n Anil have been together for the last 3 years- firstly in in Bombay, then Delhi n now at Cranfield.
It will be interesting to have Anil as one of my fellow colleagues during MBA and I sincerely hope our stance of cooperation remains as such and the feel of competition does not creep in.
My wife Sherry along with her sister Shelley will accompany me n Anil at Cranfield, so I feel there won’t be much of homesickness with my near n dear ones around. I hope that this may help concentrate on MBA better. Still, nothing can stop me from missing my first love- my home town Patiala.
Today, on the eve of entering Cranfield, I have many wishes, many desires, ambitions n hopes from this great Institute. I hope next year, by the time I finish my course all my desires n wishes are fulfilled. With these words n a heavy heart I am leaving India today. C u at Cranfield.

No comments: