15 June 2008

MBA has cooled down????

I am here once again and after a long gap. Probably now everyone is busy with their electives, projects and most important of all- jobs!!! I guess ‘job’ is a million dollar question that weighs heavily on everybody’s mind especially when the market is not doing well and companies have put a virtual freeze on hiring. I have been getting a lot many queries regarding post MBA job scenario. I would just say at this moment that I would be in a position to reply only after July as currently almost everyone is amid the process of job hunt and nobody is sure about the results.

I got a mail last week from a prospective student, who remarked that probably my study load might have reduced than what it was at the start of MBA. Well in the last one month, I also thought that MBA has just cooled down a bit and I have more time for myself (read… for job hunt). As I thought MBA has cooled down, things started catching up the steam in June and now I am loaded with many projects, assignments and reports. I have secured 2 corporate projects and both are very interesting. A point to be noted here that both the projects have been secured through alumni and that’s where I feel Cranfield has an edge over other B-schools that are in the same league.

I would suggest to the prospective students to not to compare Cranfield with LBS/ Harvard/ Wharton. Compare apples with apples. LBS/ Harvard are in different league especially they are 2 year courses and involve greater investments. I reiterate this point that amongst its league, Cranfield is the best. Best than the rest!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MBA never cools down, You keep going.

To quote a speech given by harsha bholge at IIM A : " Be Good, better, best, never try to rest, because the good becomes better, the better becomes best and thats why the best never rest"

Anupam,
Public Relations Manager,
ManagementParadise.com