06 August 2008

Odgers Prize

The Odgers Prize is awarded annually to the Cranfield MBA student on the Full Time Programme judged to show the most potential for a highly successful career in management.

The prize was established in 1987 by an alumnus, Ian Odgers, an enthusiastic supporter of Cranfield.

We met Ian at Cranfield when he delivered a presentation on ‘Leadership at the Top: What Head Hunters are Looking for in Senior Candidates’.

Some of the qualities, as identified by Ian, needed to succeed as:

· The vision of the Chief Executive;

· The ability to identify what is important and unimportant in business situations;

· The ability to see and successfully implement which is practically possible;

· The possession of commercial "nous";

· The ability to get ideas across;

· Leadership skills:

· Motivation skills;

· An understanding and ability to win at politics in the business world;

· A determination or toughness/grit - in both the smooth times and when the chips are down!

· The will to succeed.

Every year nominations are taken from students and faculty. The nominations are considered and a shortlist is drawn up for an interview by a panel of Faculty members and representatives of Odgers Ray & Berndtson.

This year following 5 nominees were selected for interviews:

Mark Hall

Nicholas Green

Per Nielsen

Thomas Hayton

Vineet Khanna

I was glad that I was able to make it to the top 5. Finally, Tom was chosen for this prize. I know Tom very well as he was in my learning team in the second term. He is a brilliant chap and truly deserved the prize.

For me, another experience and another close call (remember AT Kearney consultancy competition!!!!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dude for making it to the top five leaders.

Vipin said...

Hey Vineet!

I had mailed you a few months back asking about Cranfield and you had passed me your contact information when you would be in India. Well, unfortunately I missed out on the opportunity of talking to you but nevertheless did manage to read your blog after long and really glad to see that you have been shortlisted among the top 5 at Cranfield! Congratulations! About my plans, I have shifted MBA for another one year, so would be eyeing in 2009! All the best buddy for you future!

Unknown said...

Congrats

Anonymous said...

Really and as I have not realized earlier

Anonymous said...

I just found the website who writes about
many
home based business reviews

If you want to know more here it is
home business reviews

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I think precise post. Especially the designation attracted me to study the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing